YOU ≠ YOUR PROBLEMS
I would like to thank you for being here, whether you are seeking support for yourself or a loved one. With so much mainstream attention placed on mental health and well-being, it can be difficult to decipher the messages. We are constantly reminded to be grateful, mindful, generous, compassionate, while also standing our ground, maintaining healthy boundaries, acting out of self-love, and above all, living our truth. What does all of this mean in the context of your life?
As a Registered Clinical Counsellor, my experience, knowledge, education and abilities allow me to be a welcoming and non-judgemental presence, regardless of your situation.
Together, we will explore and empower the internal and external influences that best complement your goals, while defying those getting in your way.
Above all, you are more than the sum of events occurring in your life.
You are not your problems.
Who do you work with? What approach do you take?
I provide individual services for adults in fluent French and English. I have extensive experience counselling in matters related to men's issues, life transitions, anxiety, depression, gender, grief, loss and suicide.
My counselling approach is rooted in a strength-based, Solution-Focused and Narrative method. Our conversations will provide an empathetic, non-judgemental space for you to express how “problems” you encounter are in conflict with your core beliefs. We will identify ways to defy and resist them, while allowing you to live in integrity and reconnect with your preferred outcome.
How bad do things have to be? How long will it take?
Whether you are in a moment of complete panic or in a moment of self-discovery, counselling can be appropriate. Our shared space will be collaborative and co-constructive, with an emphasis on solidifying your expertise and strengths within your own life.
As the counselling process is tailored to your needs, it is not possible to estimate how many sessions to recommend. Rather than imposing time restraints or unrealistic objectives, we will work as a team to focus on the small and big wins that arise, while adjusting your counselling journey accordingly.
Fees & Logistics
- A 50-minute session is $120 + GST (5%).
- Sliding scale fees starting at $75 per 50-minute session are available on a case by case basis for those with limited income.
- Sessions may occur in-person, via telephone or video conferencing.
- In-person sessions will take place at 1638 West Broadway. The entrance is at street level and the office is on the second floor, accessible by stairs or elevator. Gendered, single stall bathrooms with handicap accessibility are available.
- Payment by cash, cheque, e-transfer, Visa and Mastercard are accepted.
- There is a 24 hour cancellation policy. Sessions cancelled within the 24 hour time frame will be charged in full.
- I believe in being fully accountable, and will follow the same policy: if I have to cancel your session within the 24 hour window, your next session will be free of charge.
- As a Registered Clinical Counsellor, I am able to provide receipts for insurance purposes. Please inquire with your insurance provider regarding coverage prior to booking.
- I offer counselling services through ICBC insurance for those injured in a car accident. Please contact me directly if you have questions regarding this process.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to work and live on the traditional unceded ancestral lands of the Costal Salish people, which include the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations. As such, 5% from each private session will be donated to local, not-for-profit causes supporting local Indigenous communities.
The first step is the hardest, and you've already accomplished that.
Let's take the next one together.
A designation of BC Association of Clinical Counsellors